MTS operates with clinical teams in each of the five Midland DHBs which consist of a Trauma Clinical Nurse Specialist and Trauma Medical Director. This network of specialised clinical personnel is committed to ensuring application of best practice in trauma care across the Midland region.
- monitor and provide complex patient management
- perform clinical risk assessment and mitigation
- conduct patient and system reviews
- provide multi service co-ordination
- local trauma governance collect trauma data
- participate and facilitiate in local and regional research
- and facilitate local trauma committees to enable quality improvement initiatives.